Oatmeal Raisin Cream Pies
1/2 Cup Butter, soft
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
2 each Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoom Cinnamon
3 Cups Oats
1 Cup Raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 Cups Cream Cheese, room temp
2 Cups Butter, soft
5 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
In a stand mixer, cream soft butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy.
2. On medium speed add eggs one at a time followed by vanilla extract and whip again until light.
3. Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon and add in three stages on low speed.
4. Between the second and third addition add the oats and raisins.
5. Mix until the dough is homogenized. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
6. Once rested, roll the dough between 2 sheets of parchment to about a ¼ inch thickness. Return to refrigerator.
7. Once cold, cut dough with a ring cutter and bake at 325F, until golden brown.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment slowly mix cream cheese and half of the sugar until completely smooth.
2. Add the butter and the remaining sugar and continue mixing until smooth again.
To Assemble: Pipe a dollop of frosting onto the undersides of half of the cookies, then sandwich the second cookie on top. Store in an airtight container for at least 8 hours before serving to soften the cookie